Thursday, February 17, 2005

Forsythe Hailey

"Though the Catholic ritual is as foreign to me as the tongue in which it is conducted, I could not help being moved by the devotion of the crowd and the reverence in which they hold "Il Papa." I envy the faith that allows them to submit so completely to the authority of a man who is only human in spite of his high position. There is something so touchingly childlike about the Catholic faith. We all long for an infallible father figure but finally come to realize out parents are no more perfect than we are."


April 12, 1999

I don't normally comment on these posts but this one deserves something. I find this passage to be incredibly condescending and wonder why I wrote it in this book. I hesistated to post it here but I do know that no one reads this. So there!

No comments: